In Which A Question Is Asked
What does it mean to be a sexual trans person? A sexual trans woman?
Sidenote: I’m looking for my copy of Fucking Trans Women, an awesome e-zine available at http://fuckingtranswomen.com/. I know I bought and downloaded it, but am having trouble finding it. I emailed the site owners, tho, and hopefully they’ll be willing to send me another copy. At the very worst, I can spare another $5 for their great project.
Back on topic, I think being trans and sexual is tough for me (gonna try to use ‘I’ statements in this post, and not make generalizations) in part due to the huge variety of mixed messages I’ve received over the last 27 years. I’m sure I’m missing some categories, but here’s what I’ve come up with:
- Messages about male sexuality, even though I didn’t identify as male
- Messages about female sexuality, which I picked up even though I wasn’t yet presenting as female
- Messages about heterosexual sexuality, mainly from when I was presenting as a straight male
- Messages about queer sexuality, both before and after I came out
- Messages about specifically lesbian sexuality, again from both before and after I came out
- And last-but-never-least, messages about specifically trans sexuality, limited primarily to ‘chicks with dicks’ and ‘she-male’ porn