As some of you may have noticed, a “Donate” link appeared a few weeks ago along the top of The Thang Blog. From that page:
Donations – of any amount – are always appreciated. But, you may ask, what would your donations be going towards?
In addition to being a blogger (a hopefully interesting blogger at that!) I am a performance artist. My most recent piece, Ares and Aphrodite, was featured this past November at Links Hall in Chicago as part of a larger mentorship program I was involved in, led by the fabulous Tim Miller. The piece was an exploration of my experiences growing up and living as a transgender woman, and was very well-received. The script is available here, with video of the performance itself here and here.
I’m currently working on expanding that twenty minute piece into a full hour of theatre, and I’m fortunate enough to be returning to Links Hall this December to share my expanded work. Every penny you donate will go toward that end, helping me cover the $1,550 in space rental fees, printing costs, technical contractors, and the many other costs associated with producing innovative and exciting theatre.
I’ve already raised over half the money I need for this performance. Unfortunately, I’ve already spent even more. Please donate today!
- Donate One Dollar to pay for the printing cost of a single poster
- Donate Five Dollars to pay for show makeup
- Donate Twenty-Five Dollars to pay for props
- Donate Fifty Dollars to pay for a lighting designer
- Donate One Hundred Dollars to pay for poster design costs
- Donate Two Hundred Dollars to pay for a photographer
- Donate Eight Hundred Dollars to pay for space rental for the show
As of September 1, 2009, I have received support from the following generous donors and organizations:
- Chances Dances Critical Fierceness grant
Any amount will be greatly appreciated.
Help support my art!
I’m just over 50% toward the $1,550 I need to finance my December performance